2022 BMW i4 Range: How Long Does It Take To Charge
The new BMW i4 is a thrilling electric vehicle that boasts the exciting performance capabilities of the gas-powered vehicles in the new BMW lineup. If you’re interested in securing the keys to a new i4, but you’re wary about charging times interfering with your daily schedule, you need not be! So, how long does it take to change a BMW i4? The 2022 BMW i4 charging time allows your battery to go from 10% to 80% in as little as 31 minutes! Read on to learn more about the exact BMW i4 charging time for specific charging methods, as well as how it compares to the competition, below!
2022 BMW i4 Charging Time vs. the Competition
When you purchase any BMW i4 vehicle, including the BMW i4, you’ll have access to a complimentary two years of 30-minute charging via Electrify America, which is the largest open DC Fast Charging network in the U.S. that consists of 3,000 ultra-fast DC chargers. Electrify America stations are on average located about 70 miles apart along its major highway routes Additionally, the BMW i4 offers the following specs:
BMW i4 eDrive40
- Estimated 0-60 MPH Time: 5.5 seconds
- Maximum Horsepower: 335 hp
- Maximum Estimated Range: Up to 301 miles
- Range from 10 Mins DC Fast Charging: Up to 108 miles
BMW i4 M50
- Estimated 0-60 MPH Time: 3.7 seconds
- Maximum Horsepower: 536 hp
- Maximum Estimated Range: Up to 270 miles
- Range from 10 Mins DC Fast Charging: Up to 97 miles
What are My BMW i4 Charging Options?
Your 2022 BMW i4 charging time will vary depending on the form of charging that you choose. If you’re unsure of which charging option is right for your Oyster Bay lifestyle, here’s some information on the most EV charging types:
- Domestic Outlet Home Charging (Regular Outlet): A standard grounded (three-prong) 110V/120V charging outlet (LBMW i4el 1 Charging) doesn’t charge as quickly, but it’s a good option if you’re topping off some of the charge you used when running errands or commuting to work.
- Installed Brand-Approved Domestic Charging: BMW i4 Level 2 Charging can be professionally installed in your garage. This charging type uses rapid (usually 240V+) chargers that have faster charging rates than a regular grounded household outlet.
- Public Charging: When you’re on the go in Syosset, you can stop by public charging stations at parking garages, malls, hotels, and apartments. You can even find charging stations at big-name stores like Walgreens and Kohls.
Typical BMW i4 Charging Times
Each BMW i4 charging option will provide different charging rates. Here’s an overview of the Level 1, 2, or 3 charging times for each type:
- Level 1 Charging (120V/1.2kW): 1-100% charge in around 100 hours
- Level 2 Charging (240V/11kW): 0-100% charge in around 8.25 hours
- Level 3 Charging/DC Fast Charging (195 kW): 10-80% charge in around 31 minutes
Explore the New BMW i4 at Habberstad BMW
Now that you know all about the 2022 BMW i4 EV and its charging times, continue your BMW research by finding out how much the BMW i4 costs. Then, give us a call at (800) 997-9313 to schedule a test drive!
More from Habberstad BMW
The 2024 BMW X7 delivers delicate handling that allows you to navigate the Huntington roads with ease. There are also excellent engine options, including a 375-hp inline-six and an almighty 630-hp twin-turbo V8. No matter what you are looking for under the hood of your vehicle, all-wheel drive and an air suspension are standard….
Huntington Station drivers get plenty of options presented by the new BMW X3 trims. There are three distinct 2024 BMW X3 trim levels to choose from. How much does the 2024 BMW X3 cost? The 2024 BMW X3 price starts at just $46,900, which is quite the deal considering how much luxury has been packed into…
Sitting inside the new BMW X3 is a pleasure. That’s largely due to the 2024 BMW X3 leather interior. On top of that, the 2024 BMW X3 interior colors are downright stunning, and there’s plenty of space to stretch out. We go into the details below as we take a closer look inside this exceptional…